KALA CHANA SHAMI KEBABS
Shami kebabs are the speciality of Indian subcontinent. They are usually made up of minced lamb, but kala chana shami kebabs are a delight for the vegetarians. They are protein packed healthy and at the same time, easy to make. They are perfect as starters for your house party.
Prep. Time: 20mins.
Cooking time: 10mins.
- Overnight soaked kala chanas
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped ginger
- Finely chopped garlic
- Boiled potatoes
- Lemon juice
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- SPICES: Cumin powder, Red chilli powder, Garam masala, Salt and chat masala.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and sauté onions till they turn translucent.
- Then, add the ginger and garlic and sauté nicely till raw smell of garlic vanishes.
- Add all the spices [remember to add chat masala at the end before turning the gas off as it would decrease the flavour if its sautéed for more time]
- Mash the chanas and potatoes together in a mixing bowl, add the onion mixture, mint leaves, coriander leaves, lemon juice and make small sized patties from it.
- Heat a pan with just 1tbsp of oil and shallow fry the patties till they turn brown from both the sides.
- Serve these hot kala channa kebabs with mint chutney.
- Minced vegetables like beans, spinach and carrots can also be added to these kebabs mixture to make it healthier.