Prep. Time: 15mins.
Cooking time: 45mins.
- Bunch of palak (spinach) leaves
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped ginger
- Finely chopped garlic
- Green chillies
- Bay leaf
- Red chillies
- Cumin seeds
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala
- Paneer cubes
- Blanch palak leaves in the boiling water for about 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile heat one tbsp ghee in a pan and saute the paneer cubes.
- Make puree of blanch palak along with green chillies in a grinder.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and crackle cumin seeds along with bay leaf.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for few secs.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till lightly brown.
- Once the onions turn brown, add the dry spices and saute for a min.
- Add the paneer and palak puree and cook for about 7 to 10min.
- Once the palak paneer is done, add cream and little kasuri methi.
- Serve with hot parathas.
- Immediately transfer the palak from boiling water to cold chilled water to stop its cooking process and to retain the green colour of the palak.
- Always add little sugar to any green leafy vegetables to retain its green colour even during its cooking process.