SAMHARYA BHINDA (STUFFED OKRAS)
Stuffed okras or as we say in Gujarati, sambhariya bhindi, is one of the best dishes of okras. Easy to make and accompanies almost any gravy dish for dinner or lunch. Traditionally lots of oil is used to fry the bhindis, but I tried to make it healthy by using very less oil.
Course: Main Course
Prep. Time: 15mins.
Cooking time: 20mins.
- Okras cut into two pieces and with a slit
- Sesame seeds
- freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Grated fresh coconut
- Lemon juice
- Roasted peanut powder
- Red chilli powder
- Coriander & cumin powder
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff the slit okras.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute these okras for few minutes.
- Add salt to taste and dash of lemon juice.
- Mix and close the lid and let the okras cook on low to medium heat for about 10-15mins.
- Once it is done garnish with fresh coconut and serve hot.
By adding a little dash of lemon juice to the okras while cooking, they cook fast and lose the gummy texture without letting the okras being overcooked.